IMMG’s not-for-profit ambassadors are lead by Stan Schwartz. His 30 plus years in the NFP sector, combined with his Internet marketing and management knowledge gives IMMG a resource that all NFP’s can grow from. Working with many schools, and organization’s like the YMCA, the United Way and other NFP’s gives Stan a wealth of experience to draw on when working with Not-for-profit organizations. Working closely to gain greater productivity, profit and efficiency is what separates the work that IMMG can do with Stan leading the way.
There are many similarities between for-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Chief among them are:
- Not-for-profit organizations are businesses
- Not-for-profit organizations need to maximize resources to meet their goals and objectives
- Not-for-profit organizations must report to shareholders, stakeholders, and boards
- Not-for-profit organizations must meet the challenges of competition, regulations, and changes in their respective markets.
- Not-for-profit organizations must market themselves to retain their market share and to expand in order to grow and become more effective.
In today’s fast-paced, data-driven, web-based world, virtually every organization, large and small, for-profit and not-for-profit, has a website. Very few, however, have taken the necessary steps to clearly articulate their website goals and then measured how effective their website has been in meeting those goals. Very few have seen their website as part of an integrated action plan, one that combines the best of marketing and management, one that measures the return on investment. Those organizations that have taken these approaches tend to lead their field, grow exponentially, and are have clearly identifiable brands.
The services that IMMG provides can help all organizations achieve their goals through carefully designed and implemented action plans that focus on:
- Branding and messaging.
- Incorporating a web presence as part of an overall marketing effort.
- Identifying the most effective ways to campaign messages to the most important targets.
- Touch-point sales cycle development, so every lead, past customer/client, and current customer/client is actually worked and marketed too.
As an “outsourced” marketing department, IMMG, through its Team Members and their collective expertise, brings a wealth of experience in business development. This includes integrated not-for-profit management, action planning, and marketing.